How To: Get Unlimited Free Trial Subscriptions to Netflix, Spotify, and More Using Gmail

Get Unlimited Free Trial Subscriptions to Netflix, Spotify, and More Using Gmail

Free trials are a great way to test out products before a purchase, or simply for the exploitation of free stuff for that limited amount of time. Some trials last a few days and some last even a month or two, but no matter what—these trials will always expire. But like most things in life, there is a way to get around such limitations.

How to Use Gmail to Get Endless Free Trials

Redditor Garrrrrrrrett revealed how you can continue unlocking free trials using a little-knwon Gmail email address hack.

If you have a Gmail account, you can simply input certain characters and symbols, like a plus sign or a period, into your email address. This throws off third-parties by thinking it's a completely new email address, while Gmail treats it no different than your original email address (they ignore periods and some special characters).

So, instead of using a normal email like...

• example@gmail.com

I would also be able to use...

• examp.l.e@gmail.com

Or even something like this...

• ex.ample@gmail.com

This way you still receive all of the emails that you regularly would under you regular account (example@gmail.com), but the services that you sign up for treat it like a new email address and user (examp.l.e@gmail.com).

I was a non-believer, but I tried it out and it's legit.

It's been noted that you can use nearly any symbol for this trick.

• exam&ple@gmail.com
  • exa!m..pl#e@gmail.com

Both of those ones above will work. This means that there are thousands if not millions of different iterations you can use for your email address to keep piling on these free trials.

How to Get Unlimited Free Trials on Spotify

I am a huge fan of Spotify, but really don't want to spend 10 bucks a month for premium membership. Thankfully, Spotify offers a 30-day free trial of the premium account. But I already used my email address for the trial a few months ago, so when I tried to sign up again they hit me with this:

As they message says, premium trials are "only valid for new members." So, I figured I would test out this new little Gmail hack to get a new premium trial—and it worked like a charm. I simply added a few periods into my regular Gmail address and signed up again, like any new user would. The confirmation email was then sent to my regular address and BOOM, another 30 days of Spotify Premium.

How to Get Unlimited Free Trials of Netflix

Maybe you are not a big music fan? Maybe you love movies. Well, what's up Netflix...

Just like with Spotify, I had already used my Gmail address for the Netflix 1-month free trial earlier this year. But using the same trick as before I was able to sign up for another 1-month trial.

Again, the confirmation and information was sent to my regular email address.

This is a great way to save money in a time where money is tight for everyone one. You will still need to input your credit card information and whatnot, so be to sure to cancel your subscriptions before the trials end.

Now, go on and enjoy all of those unlimited trials!

If only this worked on gym memberships, too.

Just updated your iPhone? You'll find new emoji, enhanced security, podcast transcripts, Apple Cash virtual numbers, and other useful features. There are even new additions hidden within Safari. Find out what's new and changed on your iPhone with the iOS 17.4 update.

37 Comments

FYI GMail also allows you to add a "postfix" to your email like that: exemple+postfix@gmail.com. So you can use example+netflix1@gmail.com, example+netflix2@gmail.com and so on... ;)

It still works, but you'll need the new email created for log in, right? How to do it with the same email for example with services as Netflix?

Great. Thanks for the tip. That'll make it easier to remember a bunch of different email addresses.

Now Gmail will know...oh, well. I can still squeeze a few months out of Netflix , then. >=)

Well genius you will need different payment credentials for spotify each time you sign up.

Oh well, I never even used Spotify. lol

Same with Netflix, etc. They normally ask for your card/Paypal details.

you dont for spotify i just tryed it and it works fine for me

You can always use one of those prepaid credit cards. A different one for every month

Those prepaid credit cards aren't free. You might save a buck or two per month. Is it worth the hassle?

This is not true. That would mean that Spotify is blocking one person to pay for multiple accounts. So a dad couldn't pay for the whole family? I don't think Spotify cares as long as they get their money.

At least try it before you start talking...

Would I have to submit new/different payment info at each repetition like "Kerem" has posted?

Does this work with Amazon prime?

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Netflix knows if the credit card has been on another account. I use to do this with prepaid Visa cards. I have about 20 email addresses from it. But I'd just buy a 25 dollar Visa card every month and use it to get a new account and then spend the card on normal stuff like snacks and cigs.

I can't imagine why they'd be able to match credit cards. Aren't they supposed to discard that information once you cancel?

my email is chris.godfrey.artis@gmail.com. i am a hacker and a pirate. i search for leads to software vulnerabilities and i exploit them and hack. this method you used does not work, is incorrect, and considering how serious you come off, is a downright lie. if you send an e-mail to me, but leave out the periods, i will not receive the email, it will go to the email address you typed. gmail, like all other emails, allow you to use periods and such, but every last one counts as a character. first of all, gmail counts the number of characters, then the arrangement. the reason i know their security filter procedure is because i used to work for google in lenore nc. you sir, are incorrect. however, there are ways to sign up once and get a free account. unlike your untested theory that sounds good, this actually works and i will explain how. in order to do this you will need a wii, playstation or xbox 360. on a computer, sign up for a 30 day trial for netflix or whatever. then install it on your game console. immediately block disk updates (you may have to install soft mod files to use this option) and install netflix on your console. now, stream a film or show and when it loads, pull the power plug. this is an important step as your game console will immediately save the cookies, but will not delete the temp because you powered off, circumventing the logout sequence. now get on a pc and discontinue your free trial. now, plug your console back in. presto, still have the cookies to access the membership, but netflix canceled it meaning you never have to pay. if you need further instructions, email me and i will show you exactly how to do it.

@christopher godfrey

You idiot. Try e-mailing yourself at chrisgodfreyartis@gmail.com without the periods and see what happens. That's right, halfwit--it goes through to chris.godfrey.artis@gmail.com--contrary to your incredibly underinformed tirade.

Why anyone would make himself look so categorically asinine without even testing his claim is beyond me.

You're wrong... but thanks for the comment

I don't know man. I just sent an email to my gmail account after throwing in a random dot and it came to me no problem.

Does this work with an Xbox one

to be clear, this poster's technique does not work, never did work, and never will. just someone bored and lonely wanting to impress people or stumbled upon a cookies method of account hacking by accident and tried to post his steps here hoping to recreate it. good luck all

Negative This method still works and have always worked for me. Im still doing this method for my spotify accounts.

I'm unclear on the payment method issue. You still have to provide a different card number each time you do this, right?

No you do not but you must use a PayPal account. Then after you cancel the Spotify or Netflix account you should be able to create another trial account using the same PayPal.

Wait, so my original spotify account with the original email with no period in it will benefit from another free trial, or only the new account with the period email will get the free trial? Because that means I'll still have to switch between accounts every month

does this work for hotmail (msn) accounts?

I really wanted to have a premium spotify acount

This would only work if you had multiple credit cards, because you'd still need to switch to a new credit card each month. To get a years worth of netflix you'd need to own 12 different credit cards!

You can always use paypal, but I think they remove the trial if they detect the same IP. So I think you'd have to find away around that.

My Time Warner cable account gives me a new IP every day. This wouldn't be a problem.

My English is not very well, but if I read this correctly, you make an account on Gmail, after one month, you change your name, and you take a new trial and it's done? Now I have one more question : if you change your email adress, do you sill have (for example) your saved playlists on Spotify or your saved favorites on Netflix?

I would like to know! Thank you!

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Latest